atom feed10 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.htmlunit-user[Htmlunit-user] Should HtmlUnit move ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Marc GuillemotJan 6, 2009 11:53 am
Tom AndersonJan 6, 2009 12:35 pm
Mike BowlerJan 6, 2009 1:26 pm
Daniel GredlerJan 6, 2009 4:45 pm
Ahmed AshourJan 6, 2009 9:52 pm
Marc GuillemotJan 8, 2009 6:16 am
Francis HitchensJan 8, 2009 8:14 am
Hernan SoulagesJan 8, 2009 12:56 pm
George DinwiddieJan 9, 2009 7:57 am
Julien HENRYJan 10, 2009 3:25 am
Subject:[Htmlunit-user] Should HtmlUnit move to Apache Foundation?
From:Marc Guillemot (mgui@yahoo.fr)
Date:Jan 6, 2009 11:53:38 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.htmlunit-user

Hi HtmlUnit users,

first I want to precise that I have no idea if we would be welcome. I've just talked to some persons involved in the Apache Foundation.

*Do you think that HtmlUnit should move to Apache Foundation?*

Personally I mainly see following advantages - more visibility -> more users -> more contributions => more improvements - the copyright would be hold by the Apache Foundation and not by Mike's company (as creator of the project) -> better "feeling" for contributors -> a bit more confidence for users

as well probably as a few inconvenients: - we wouldn't be as free as we are currently and would have to respect the Foundation's rules - particularly, I don't know if/how we could keep our Rhino fork (that is currently only a snapshot but that allows to control the release dates)

Cheers, Marc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace. It is the best place to buy or sell services for just about anything Open Source. http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB